Saturday, January 15, 2011

I'm here! (there?)



In Szczecin, where the training starts on Monday morning. Met up with Kajo Zboril, who will co-present with me, and Chuck Hirt and Paul Cromwell - the Team Leaders of ECON. Kajo and Chuck drove in - started at 4:30 AM!

We walked around a bit - see photos - and had supper and debriefed the meetings that have happened since we last spoke - Me and Marcy Kaptur and Amb. Sedgewick (US to Slovakia)in DC and Chuck and Kajo and Amb Sedgewick (in Bratislava) and Chuck and Kajo and Slovakia staff of Open Society Foundations; and so on. Lots of possibilities!

Then got down to serious prep. Kajo and I went through two day training plan. He'll co-lead, so we were careful to make space for each of us to put our own stamp on the training. Maybe I'll share it when we're done (if it works!)

From today's train trip from Warsaw to here - I think I'll collect pictures of the spires - the various designs of the tops of churches - it's a fascinating study of culture, architecture, politics, planning....see the St. Jakub Cathedral picture attached, for a start.

More soon - let me hear from you!

1 comment:

  1. The old spiritual, "Will you take me to the river?" has echoed all week since the choir at St. Mark's led the congregation in the epiphanal spirit. Will you see the Vistula in your travels, echoing Toledo's founding village? We'll send prayers and blessing from one of your spiritual hearths . . .

    ReplyDelete